Purpose of this Policy
This policy covers the handling of personal information you divulge to us.
Why do we collect personal information?
We need the personal information requested in order to:
- know the buyers and beneficiaries of contracts, if needed, or of prepaid funeral services;
- provide services;
- meet requirements of the law and regulations;
- communicate with you with information about our funeral home following your request.
How do we use this personal information?
- Personal information which has been entrusted to us is not sold, rented or disclosed.
- We do not share your personal information with any third party unless required by law, if authorized clearly by you, or if we offer you a service or product through another company or organisation that needs this information.
- We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is safe, not lost, not modified, and not disclosed.
Access to your personal information
- You may request access to any personal information that we hold about you and you can request that this information be corrected or modified. However, we reserve the right to confirm your identity by asking you to present identification documents before approving your application.
- If we are not able to authorize access to personal information about you, we will provide reasons for the denial.
If you would like more information about the collection or use of personal information, or if you want to access your personal information, cancel a consent given in advance or make a complaint, please write to us at the following address:
Lamarre & Son Funeral Home
c/o Gilles T. Lamarre, Protection of Privacy Officer
453 St-Philippe St., PO Box 516
Alfred (Ontario) K0B 1A0
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 112 Kent St., Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 1H3.